A bureaucrat is a user similar to an administrator. But they have a few more advantages.
Bureaucrat abilities Edit
Simiral abilities Edit
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Extra abilities Edit
- A bureaucrat has the power to make other users, on their wiki, into administrators or bureaucrats.
- Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
Who are this wiki's bureaucrats? Edit
The "founder" of a wiki automatically is granted administration and bureaucracy. So, the founder of this wiki is a bureaucrat. Other bureaucrats are either elected or granted bureaucracy, through another bureaucrat. Wikikat's bureaucrats are listed at Special:Listusers/bureaucrat but, they are also listed below.
How do I use bureaucrat powers? Edit
The Guide to Bureaucracy and adminship page will help you understand how to use your new bureaucrat and administrator powers.
Becoming a bureaucrat Edit
To become a bureaucrat, you must be granted bureaucracy by another bureaucrat. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as Meerkats Wiki:request for bureaucracy. But on a small wiki, like this one, just leave a message on a bureaucrat's talk page. However, you are also able to ask on the community portal or Forum.